Ever find your self wanting to order from an infomercial something you don’t even need?
There are just some words out there that seem to grab attention, more than others…
According to the psychology department at Yale University, some words in the English language are more powerful than others.
Here are their top 10:
10. New — It’s part of basic human makeup to seek novelty.
9. Save — We all want to save something.
8. Safety — This could refer to health or long-lasting quality.
7. Proven — Helps remove fear from trying something new.
6. Love — Continues to be an all-time favorite.
5. Discover — Presents a sense of excitement and adventure.
4. Guarantee — Provides a sense of safety at the time of purchase.
3. Health — Especially powerful when it applies to a product.
2. Results — Works in rationalizing a purchase.
1. You — Listed as the #1 most powerful word in every study reviewed. Because of the personal nature of advertising copywriting, you should use “you” in your headline, opening line and as often as possible. In fact, many copywriters will throw out a headline if “you” is not in it.
Next time you write a post to “draw” others in, you may want to use as many of these words as you can!!
Happy Writing! If you like this post, please share!